OPHIR LAND USE CODE REQUIRES RESIDENTS TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH PRIVATE CONTRACTORS TO KEEP YOUR OFF-STREET PARKING AREA CLEAR.
SHORT-TERM TEMPORARY PARKING AREAS DURING SNOW REMOVAL OPERATIONS:
Northside of the spur on Porphyry Street, west of 9th street.
(Northside so the plow can back in and clear the snow away.)
Southside of Granite Ave. across and east of Town Shop.
Vehicles left for more than 24 hours could be towed at owner expense.
Ophir Road Avalanche Gates Closure Procedures:
The County Road Department determines the conditions that would cause the closing of the Ophir Road and the gates to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic. They are:
1. Avalanche control work (announcements are made on KOTO Radio when possible).
2. An avalanche has naturally closed the road.
3. Extreme weather has naturally closed the road and county crews are unable to respond.
All the above conditions are in response to highly dangerous avalanche hazards.
If you run into any of the above conditions, call 911.
Reopening of the Ophir Road or either gate would depend on:
1. Existing weather conditions and avalanche hazards.
2. Need for avalanche control work.
3. Amount of snow closing the Road.
In case of an unexpected Ophir Road closure, take the following precautions:
1. Parents with kids at school, The school district will be immediately notified that Ophir Road is closed, and each student will be informed they should go to a prearranged alternate home.
2. Residences of Ophir should stock enough provisions and make alternative arrangements for several days of being caught in, or away from your home.
If the Ophir Road is closed, it is because conditions are exceedingly dangerous. Walking, skiing, or otherwise traversing the closed section of the road under active avalanche paths carry a significant risk to people and rescuer's lives. Be smart and safe!
TOWN OF OPHIR
WINTER PARKING REGULATIONS
VEHICLES PARKED ON TOWN RIGHT OF WAYS
SUBJECT TO BE TOWED IMMEDIATELY AT OWNER\'S EXPENSE
OR TICKETED WITH FINES
*IMPEDING NORMAL TRAFFIC
*IMPEDING SNOW REMOVAL
* PARKED WITHIN 25 FEET OF INTERSECTION/CORNERS
* REMAINING 24 HOURS AFTER RED TAGGED
*** PARKED IN FRONT OF FIRE HYDRANT
HAVE A GREAT WINTER!