Ophir Halloween is still on!
Ophir residents, please follow a few protocols to make this a safe and fun Halloween.
Trick or Treating
- This isn’t the year to invite friends who don’t live in Ophir to join for Halloween. Please discourage your friends who do not live in Ophir to come here for trick or treating. Let’s focus on Ophir and our safety.
- Each individual household can figure out their own way to hand out candy without actually handing it out to limit person-to-person contact.
- An example would be to leave out individual bags by your front door, stoop, etc that each trick or treater can take. Or slide them down a tube into a candy bag. You get the idea … we want to keep all the kids from reaching into the same candy bowl.
- Let your kids know ahead of time how and why this year's Halloween events are different from previous. I think they should still ring doorbells so we can all see costumes, and hopefully, they can respect the limits we need to place on candy distribution.
- If you do not want trick or treaters, please turn your lights off.
- The pizza party starts in the park at 5:30.
- Costume masks do not prevent COVID. Wear a cloth or medical-grade face covering to protect yourself and others. Get creative and wear a mask underneath or one that complements your costume!
- Sydney and I will hand out pizza slices wearing gloves and masks to limit the hand grab.
- The Town will be providing hand sanitizer and paper towels for residents to use during the pizza feast.
- Please practice 6ft of social distancing between households while eating pizza.
- Once we’re ready to roll, Ryan Ehlers will pull a trailer behind his truck that will transport kiddos to East Ophir. Obviously, you can drive your own kids or walk them up to East Ophir and then back to Old Ophir.
Let’s get excited for another Safe and Spooky Ophir Halloween!!!